Monday, July 14, 2008

Waiting on test results from spinal tap

I went to see the neurosurgeon in Denton and he referred me to a doc in Dallas.  Well Friday I went and saw him and he did a spinal tap and he found that my pressure was high I think normal is 1-15 and mine was 23.  He said it looked clear and he sent samples to the lab.  Then he did another high volume (50cc) blood patch to make sure he did not cause a leak from the spinal tap.  Since the fluid looked clear and no signs of infection he thought maybe it was pseudotumor cerebri.  I went to the eye doctor today and she didn't see signs of high volume of pressure behind the optic nerve so she thinks it is not that big long word.   So I will be going to get something called a MRA and that is far as we have gotten on this confusing headache and neckache.  I have all the symptoms of the psuedotumor cerebri and it finally sounded like we had a solution but I guess we are back to square on.

No comments: