Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hello From L.A. California!

Brian is speaking at a conference here in Los Angeles. Sunday night I had this great idea to take Lindie to Dr. Reinisch in LA. There are 2 docs in the US that are the big names and he is one and the other is the doc in NYC. Monday I called his office and they worked us in today at 4:30 so that Brian could come to the appointment also. My wonderful parents got Lindie and I an airline ticket and are taking care of Cole and Carson while we are gone.

Have I told you that Lindie is the best baby? She slept the entire flight and we never heard a peep from her. Brian said he could travel by himself with her and it would be no big deal. She really is so easy.

We went today to Beverly Hills to see Dr. Reinisch. He said everything that Dr. Ducic said but the only difference is that he would do surgery as early as 4 months but ideally at 6 months when the Hemangioma has stopped growing. He said he would not wait until 12 months for one reason and that reason is the mobility of the child. At 6 months they aren't crawling, standing, and don't seem to pick at or pull on the incision. So he thinks they get better results just based on the developmental stage of the infant. He said that he would not do steriods and would not do laser. These are all things that we were wanting to hear and he told us and we did not have to tell him what we wanted for her. So we will be scheduling her surgery sometime in May or June.

It was just so easy from getting the appointment, getting a airline ticket, getting Brian's ticket rearranged to be on the same flight and to be seated right next to us. The hotel that Brian is lecturing at is only 8.5 miles from Dr. Reinisch's office. So everything just fell into place. Brian and I left his office with a feeling of relief. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking forward to having my baby go through surgery but he explained it to be something very basic and we could even go home the next day if we wanted. It is a out patient surgery and she should be just fine.

So Little Miss Lindie will be going to Beverly Hills 90210 for her surgery. Thank you all for your prayers and support. I really feel like God has just guided us to this path. I actually found a mom of a little girl named Lyndee with a Hemangioma on her forehead. It was a post from 2005 and she was going through laser treatment at the time so I emailed her to see if she could tell me how it all turned out for them since we were thinking about doing laser treatments also. She emailed me back in 10 minutes and told me that at the time that was the best decision for her little girl. She did have some complications (it ulcerated and left a deep scar on the last treatment) from the laser but she felt like it was the best option for her at the time. She then proceeded to tell me that she met a lady whose daughter also had a Hemangioma on the same place and she went to Dr. Reinisch at 6 months and had it removed. She said that this little girl had a hair line scar for about 4 to 6 months and now at the age of 4 she virtually has no sign of the scar.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Yea! I am so glad you have some answers and can finally feel at peace with the situation! That is wonderful!!!